After taking the 2020 BioBusiness Summer School online due to COVID-19 and receiving very positive feedback from participants, we have decided to make the online format a project on its own, running alongside the traditional in-person Summer School, and thereby allowing students from across the globe to attend the programme.
Whether you are based in Europe but prefer to join from the safety and comfort of your home, or if you are currently in Asia and interested in the business side of Life Sciences and (maybe) considering a career in Europe, the BioBusiness Winter School is for you!
The BioBusiness Winter School is a three day online course for academics (MSc’s, PhD’s, postdocs) contemplating a career switch to industry, and young professionals in their first industry jobs.
The programme is a balance between theoretical sessions focusing on key knowledge of main business topics such as Business Models, Partnerships, Venture Capital and Career Orientation, and interactive sessions with business leaders and recruiters giving you their insights in the world of Life Sciences companies.
By immersing yourself in the business aspects of Life Sciences we will introduce you to many subjects which will help you in your first jobs in industry.
The preliminary programme includes the following sessions:
- Introduction to BioBusiness by Professor Eric Claassen, VU Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Business Models & The Power of Partnerships by Robert Thong, SciTechStrategy, UK
- Business models and partnerships in the practice by Martine van Vugt, Genmab, NL & Denmark
- The role of Venture Capital in Life Sciences by Cheryl Zimberlin, M Ventures
- Planning and Managing your Career by Sarah Blackford, PhD Career Consultant, UK
- Interactive session to meet with a.o. Liesbeth Ceelen, BioLizard, Belgium and Mariana Cerdeira, Catenion, Germany
More information, and a dedicated website, will be available soon.
If you would like to be kept informed when registration opens and benefit from the early bird rate (until 31 October), subscribe to our newsletter via this online form.