Join BioBusiness Summer School to jumpstart your career in Life Sciences by gaining knowledge of business aspects such as product development, IPR, finance and business models. The next edition of the summer school will be organised from 24-28 June 2019 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Senior Scientist protein characterisation
The main responsibility of the senior Scientist is to guarantee the correct design and execution of experiments for the development and validation of protein characterisation techniques .
Typical characterisation techniques include LC, CE, FFF-MALS, DLS, and AUC
His/her activities must be executed, documented and reported according to Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP) quality requirements.
- Contributes to defining scientific strategy for late stage programs/technologies and departmental improvements
- Creates and manages multiple complex research plans that result in the accomplishment of multiple business objectives
- May have indirect or direct people management responsibility internally and externally (e.g. outsourced, working with external partners, etc.) or lead as an individual contributor
- Typically works under indirect supervision with a high level of autonomy and some decision making
- Applies knowledge of late stage and commercial method validation and filling experience to further develop the business
- Leads the analysis of highly complex issues in a technical area and establishes resolutions/ decision points in a given program/project
- Identifies novel scenarios and nascent scientific/technical opportunities in a specific scientific area
- Seeks to contribute to improving business/work processes to identify and enable scientists to cultivate new scientific insights
- Acts as lead functional/technical member of the project with frequent interaction with senior internal and external stakeholders
For this position we are recruiting laboratory professional with the following background:
- PhD in biochemiscal / analytical or relevant scientific field
- 2-3 years of industry experience in Method Development & Regulatory filing
- Affinity for data analysis and the thorough review of the data generated by others
- Method validation expert and understanding of analytical quality by design
- xperienced in one or more of the following techniques: LC, CE, FFF-MALS, DLS, and AUC
- Experience with experimental plans using the “Design of Experiment (DoE)” principles is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English.
- Experienced in working under quality standards such as GLP, or GMP.
- Candidates without a valid work permit are not considered for this position.
Contract: 1 year, realistic long term perspectives
Salary: ranging from 4500- 6200 gross monthly
Interesse, klik hier om direct te solliciteren. Ook kun je telefonisch contact opnemen met LabResource via T.: 070-4450460 of een CV per e-mail toesturen naar email@example.com.
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention is a leading biotechnology company developing vaccines against infectious diseases. LabResource has been elected as their top supplier for the second year in a row and has been contracted to recruit for this position.
Publication end date
Jumpstart your career
The BioBusiness Summer School is a programme tailored to bridge the gap. By immersing yourself in the business aspects of Life Sciences during this programme, you will learn the basic knowledge of BioBusiness, gain insight in the world of Life Sciences companies, meet leading business leaders and increase your international network.