Join BioBusiness Summer School to jumpstart your career in Life Sciences by gaining knowledge of business aspects such as product development, IPR, finance and business models. The next edition of the summer school will be organised from 25-29 June 2018 in Amsterdam, Leiden and Utrecht, the Netherlands. Register now!
Job Medical Director
This position can also be located in LEIDEN. Some travel will be required.
As a medical director, you will participate in the development of the clinical development strategy and plan. You will be the responsible physician leading clinical studies for evaluation of new drug candidates in development.
In particular, you will:
- Be a core member of the Clinical Development Team (CDT)
- Bring the right medical and clinical development expertise to develop the Clinical Development Plan (CDP)
- Play a leading role in designing and implementing specific studies of the CDP
- Be the medical representative in clinical study teams Lead or assist with Competent Authority and Ethics Committee/IRB submissions
- Be the primary contact for medical review of safety information from clinical trials
- Collaborate with the responsible person for safety reporting
- Work closely with Clinical Operations to ensure Adequate executions of Medical aspects of the study Assessment of trial feasibility and investigator/site selection
- Interaction with medical counterparts at CRO
- Interact with key opinion leaders
- Be the spokesperson on medical topics to external and internal bodies
- Be compliant with GCP and other regulations
Galapagos is a clinical-stage biotechnology company, specialized in the discovery and development of small molecule medicines with novel modes of action. Our ambition is to become a leading global biotechnology company, focused on the development and commercialization of novel medicines that will improve people's lives.
Profile Medical Director
- MD or MD/PhD with relevant experience in Immunology, Inflammation, pulmonary medicine, cystic fibrosis, NASH and/or dermatology
- Has a strong scientific foundation with preferably work or post-doctoral training experience in an academic institution
- 5 or more years of experience in clinical research
- Solid understanding of Phase I – III drug development
- 2 or more years of experience in the Pharmaceutical industry at Clinical Development Headquarters
- Strong leadership skills and a strategic thinker
- Energetic with a can-do attitude
- Strong scientific and analytical skills
- English speaking and writing skills are required
Publication end date
Jumpstart your career
The BioBusiness Summer School is a programme tailored to bridge the gap. By immersing yourself in the business aspects of Life Sciences during this programme, you will learn the basic knowledge of BioBusiness, gain insight in the world of Life Sciences companies, meet leading business leaders and increase your international network.