Join BioBusiness Summer School to jumpstart your career in Life Sciences by gaining knowledge of business aspects such as product development, IPR, finance and business models. The next edition of the summer school will be organised from 24-28 June 2019 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
About Kite Pharma, A GILEAD Company
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors.
Kite Europe is currently adding additional talent as it focuses on developing the European Region in support of providing maximum access to patients with unmet needs. We’re building a state-of-the art manufacturing site in the Netherlands (Amsterdam-Hoofddorp),.
We’re currently seeking to recruit highly motivated talents for different positions, to join us and be part of our exciting journey in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies and their translation to the treatment of patients with cancer.
As Manufacturing Technicians (Cell Therapy Specialists) you’ll be joining a newly formed team in which people of all backgrounds and experiences are respected, and where working together focused on saving lives, by finding the cure for cancer, is a daily activity.
You’ll be reporting to the Shift Supervisor.
In this role, you will ensure that all components are adequately supplied and kitted to follow the production schedule along with the formulation and verification of all media lots, and due to the nature of the starting material (patient cells) this role requires high level of proficiency and ownership of the process and media formulation, with the highest skill level of aseptic and sterile techniques.
Your responsibilities, among others, will be:
- To perform all tasks associated with the manufacturing of clinical and commercial products following batch records and standard operating procedures (SOPs);
- To work as part of a dedicated and committed team to execute GMP runs in close collaboration with Product Sciences, Material Management, and Quality Assurance & Quality Control;
- To assist in the development and optimization of SOPs and batch records;
- Assist in investigations required to manage deviations;
- Assist in managing change controls;
- To successfully troubleshoot processing and equipment issues;
- To strictly comply with SOPs and cGMP regulations; accurately complete documentation associated with clinical and commercial manufacturing;
- To ensure a consistent process execution to guarantee high quality output;
- To maintain cleanroom in an optimal state;
- To continuously look for improvements to the processes to increase quality and efficiency.
The ideal candidates for these positions, in combination with skills and knowledge, should also have a ‘hands-on, can-do’ mentality. You must also be comfortable with working in full gowning requirements in a completely aseptic environment.
Key requirements and experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree (University or HBO) or;
- MBO Level (in this case, additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education);
- A minimum of two (2) years of cGMP experience in a pharmaceutical / biotechnology manufacturing environment;
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing of biotechnology products, aseptic processing and cell culture products in combination with cell culture equipment experience;
- Excellent skills in Microsoft word, Excel and data analysis;
- Be passionate about following SOP’s, curious and interested in learning and growing;
- Be comfortable in a fast-paced, growing company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities;
- Be self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description;
- Have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written English communication skills (essential in our collaborative work environment);
- Have good judgment, problem solving and analytical skills;
- Have the willingness to accommodate schedule adjustments, as well as off-shift and weekend assignments as workload dictates;
- Have the ability to lift over 14 Kgs / 30 lbs when required
If you have the ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and feel that the moment has come for you to be part of such an exciting journey towards eliminating the burden of chronic cancer care, don’t miss out on this opportunity to join us.
Apply now by mailing your resume to CareersEU@kitepharma.com!
Only candidates in possession of a valid EU work permit will be considered.
Publication end date
Jumpstart your career
The BioBusiness Summer School is a programme tailored to bridge the gap. By immersing yourself in the business aspects of Life Sciences during this programme, you will learn the basic knowledge of BioBusiness, gain insight in the world of Life Sciences companies, meet leading business leaders and increase your international network.