Join BioBusiness Summer School to jumpstart your career in Life Sciences by gaining knowledge of business aspects such as product development, IPR, finance and business models. The next edition of the summer school will be organised from 25-29 June 2018 in Amsterdam, Leiden and Utrecht, the Netherlands. Register now!
Cell Therapy Manufacturing Specialist
Kite is seeking a highly motivated individual with cell culture experience to work on innovative T cell therapy for cancer treatment. The Cell Therapy Manufacturing Specialist will be responsible for cell culture media preparation, cell processing and cell expansion in a cGMP clinical manufacturing facility.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform all tasks associated with the manufacture of clinical and commercial product following batch records and SOPs
- Work as part of a cross functional site team to execute GMP runs in close collaboration with Product Sciences and other site teams such as Quality and Materials Management
- Assist in the development of SOPs, batch records, deviations and change controls
- Successfully troubleshoot processing and equipment issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Relevant Bachelor’s or Master's degree with 3 or more years of cGMP experience in a manufacturing pharmaceutical/ biotechnology environment
- Cell culture processing experience
- Experience with cell therapy products is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing of biotechnology products, aseptic processing and cell culture products
- Strict adherence to SOPs and cGMP regulations, the ability to accurately complete documentation associated with clinical and commercial manufacturing
- Excellent aseptic/sterile techniques and prior experience with cell culture, cell culture equipment including Wave bioreactors
- Experience with handling and propagation of human primary cells, including T cells
- Excellent skills in Microsoft word, Excel and data analysis. Experience with Oracle EBS is an advantage
- Ability to think critically, and demonstrated troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Ability to work off-shift and irregular hours as required
Kite Pharma, Inc. is focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to eradicate cancer cells. We believe our immunotherapy is a market-redefining approach to the treatment of cancer. We are an innovative and growing company located in beautiful Santa Monica and have a highly energized and accomplished team. We had one of the most successful biotechnology IPOs in 2014 and have a current market capitalization of well over $2.5 billion.
Would you like to know more before you apply? Please contact me, Heidi Kroon - talent acquisition specialist, via: firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call (+316 15409633).
Publication end date
Jumpstart your career
The BioBusiness Summer School is a programme tailored to bridge the gap. By immersing yourself in the business aspects of Life Sciences during this programme, you will learn the basic knowledge of BioBusiness, gain insight in the world of Life Sciences companies, meet leading business leaders and increase your international network.