Join BioBusiness Summer School to jumpstart your career in Life Sciences by gaining knowledge of business aspects such as product development, IPR, finance and business models. The next edition of the summer school will be organised from 24-28 June 2019 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Cell Engineering Scientist
As a Cell Engineering Scientist you will play a key role in maintaining and optimizing our platform for the expression of our monoclonal and bispecific antibody formats. Additional responsibilities include the generation of stable cell lines and overseeing transfections.
These will be your day-to-day tasks:
- Maintain, oversee and develop our platform for production of antibodies and other types of recombinant proteins;
- Work on transient and stable transfection and clonal cell line generation;
- Carry out other responsibilities related to the cell line development, including protein production, cell banking, and cell line characterization;
- Work closely with our analytical team on purification and characterization of protein productions.
We offer a competitive salary and flexible working hours. Our talented international team works in an inspiring area of Utrecht (Utrecht Science Park) in a brand new state-of-the-art facility. We also offer an excellent pension scheme, company bonus, and 30 days annual holiday based on a full-time position. We care about team spirit and organize several company events each year.
We are looking for a scientist with solid hands-on experience in cellular biology and protein expression and would like to get in touch with you if you meet the following requirements:
- You hold a PhD or equivalent in cellular biology, molecular biology, immunology, or a related field with at least 2 years of relevant work experience;
- You could be considered a cell culture expert;
- You know all there is to know about transfection technologies (Electroporation, chemical);
- Are able to generate cell lines with stable gene integrations (both from primary and laboratory cell lines);
- Molecular biology, vector construction, CRISPR-Cas hold no secrets to you;
- You have experience with Flow .cytometry and FACS data analysis programs;
- Your written and oral presentation skills in English are excellent.
Working at Merus provides you with opportunities to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success. You will have the chance to make an impact within the oncology field by helping to develop bispecific antibody therapies (Biclonics®) to fight cancer. Merus’ headquarters are located in the Netherlands, with a US headquarters of its subsidiary Merus US Inc. in Cambridge Massachusetts. We also have many collaborations around the world. As of 2016 we are listed on Nasdaq Global Market and over the last 10 years we have taken several candidate drugs into clinical trials.
Apply directly via the 'Apply' button or for more information about the application procedure, please contact Merus Recruitment via telephone number +31(0)30 – 253 8800. Please send in your application by July 26, 2019 at the latest.
Publication end date
Jumpstart your career
The BioBusiness Summer School is a programme tailored to bridge the gap. By immersing yourself in the business aspects of Life Sciences during this programme, you will learn the basic knowledge of BioBusiness, gain insight in the world of Life Sciences companies, meet leading business leaders and increase your international network.