BioBusiness Summer School helps its participants to obtain a broader overview of what career options there are in BioBusiness, and possibly identify an interest in a specific field that is previously unknown. Alumni of the BioBusiness Summer School pursue a wide range of career paths. Many of them currently work as scientists in the life sciences industry. A part of them took on commercial roles in pharma or biotech companies or entered the consulting industry. A small but noticeable portion founded their own companies and became the CEO’s. There are also those who stay in the academia.
To give you an idea, below are some examples of the roles currently held by the summer school alumni outside of academia.
- Senior Scientist at Galapagos
- Scientist at Uniqure
- Head of Global Health and Research at Access to Medicine Foundation
- Scientific Project Manager at Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG)
- Product Manager at Boehringer Ingelheim
- Associate Clinical Study Manager at Astellas
- Program manager at TI Pharma
- M&A Consultant at Ernst & Young
- Senior associate at McKinsey
- CEO of Genevia Technologies Ltd
- Business Development Manager at Julius Clinical
- Cofounder of Cardian