Are you a PhD student, a postdoc or a Master student and are you interested to pursue your career in one of the many Life Sciences companies? Do you want to know more about the business field and your career opportunities? Then we invite you to participate in the unique program of this international summer school.
BioBusiness Summer School
Many life scientists will make a switch to industry at some point in their career. Knowledge of business aspects such as product development, IPR, finance and business models are essential to succeed, but in the academic arena in which scientists learn their scientific skills these subjects aren’t often elaborated upon. The BioBusiness Summer School aims to fill the gap. By immersing yourself in the business aspects of Life Sciences we will introduce you to many subjects which will help you in your first jobs in industry. In five days you will learn basic knowledge of biobusiness, gain insight in the world of Life Sciences companies, meet leading business people, increase your international network and have a great experience in the beautiful city of Amsterdam.
Jumpstart your business career in Life Sciences
By the end of the course, participants will
- Be able to describe the challenges in the product development in life sciences industry.
- Have gained insight into the purpose, use, legal and regulatory aspects of intellectual property rights and how to obtain them.
- Be able to discuss various types of business models in life sciences industry.
- Have gained insight into the concept of financial statements, costs and revenue allocations, budgeting and forecasting.
- Recognise opportunities and challenges in starting up a company.
- Have expanded their business network in life sciences.
- Have gained insight into what career opportunities there are in industry.
For more information click here to download the brochure.
The fee you pay to join BioBusiness Summer school includes access to world-class lectures and workshops, carefully selected course materials, coffee/tea and lunch for the whole duration of the programme and a social program. Breakfast, evening meals, accommodation and transportation are not included, unless mentioned otherwise. Your participation is secured once the invoice is paid.
• Early bird fee: € 985,00 incl. VAT (valid until 1 March 2018)
• Regular fee: € 1.145,00 incl. VAT
Participants of the BioBusiness Summer School will receive a certificate of attendance.
BioBusiness Summer School class of 2017
Jumpstart your career
Join BioBusiness Summer School to jumpstart your career in Life Sciences by gaining knowledge of business aspects such as product development, IPR, finance and business models. The next edition of the summer school will be organised from 25-29 June 2018 in Amsterdam, Leiden and Utrecht, the Netherlands. Register now!
The BioBusiness Summer School is a programme tailored to bridge the gap. By immersing yourself in the business aspects of Life Sciences during this programme, you will learn the basic knowledge of BioBusiness, gain insight in the world of Life Sciences companies, meet leading business leaders and increase your international network.